life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, October 24, 2005

One night in Bangkok...

...makes a hard man humble. Or is that makes a humble man hard?

We had a good last day in Koh Samui. I did a wee bit more shopping, Lucky and I had lunch at a restaurant that has been voted one of the Top 50 vegetarian restaurants in the world (good food,but abominable service), and all three of us had an awesome dinner. But we also kept up our spontaneous streak and decided that we should make yet another change to the itinerary and head to Bangers for one one night. Christmas Carol wouldn't have come here on her own, and Lucky wanted to show her the city for at least one night.

We took a flight from Samui at an ungodly hour yesterday morning, so arrived here early. Happily we were able to find accommodation that let us check in immediately. Christmas and I visited the Royal Palace while Lucky got a haircut and had some relexology done on his feet. Both Lucky and I tried some reflexology in Samui, but were a bit disappointed. He said the place he found yesterday was great, however, so he's promised to take me there today.

We all chilled early evening and then Lucky and I went out for dinner while Christmas Carol chilled in the hotel. We went to yet another restaurant that has been listed on one of those "Top XX Restaurants" guides. As you may have noticed, Lucky loves to investigate good food, and last night was amazing. I treated him for a belated birthday gift, and it was the best meal I've eaten in years and years and years.

Unfortunately, by the time it was over, we were both so tired that we retired early (and me with a headache, no less). So much for experiencing the humbling nightlife of Bangkok. But I think I'll find time to come back here for a long weekend and try again. I can't let my one night in Bangkok be one that finished at 11PM!

We leave for Hong Kong at 7:15PM tonight. Thus will start our next phase of circus life. But I have to admit that I finally read the papers this morning for the first time in over a week, and I'm a bit concerned about this latest threat of Asian Bird Flu....

3 Comments:

  • I wouldn't worry terribly much. The Asian Bird Flu is now the Asian/European Bird Flu. If you want to avoid it, you would need to move to another planet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 a.m.  

  • Glennalicious: thanks for the update. I was a bit alarmed seeing the masks worn by all the Hong Kong airport staff when I arrived tonight, but I'll take your word for it that I'm safe : )

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 10:16 a.m.  

  • No chess playing while in Bangkok (wasn't that the them of that video?!)?

    I'm starting to get pretty jealous of all this exotic travel - I may have to convince Chantal go chuck it all and take Adam & Tiana for a sail around the world...hmmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home