life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Z95

The Departmental dinner last night was good. The circus freak party was OK -- free drinks are always welcome, especially when Scotch is on the list of available freebies -- but a bit boring. Actually the best part was when our circus band boys got on stage, basically kicked the house band off stage, and jammed up a storm. In a huge departure from his nightly rendition of the circus soundtrack, it was awesome hearing our lead singer belt out Mustang Sally and other bar favourite tunes.

It's the last week in Singers, and we'll be flying to Thailand one week today. Still working out the flight details, but I'm working on that. All I know is that we're trying to leave here on Monday the 17th, and don't need to be in Hong Kong until the evening of the 25th.

I'm listening to my old local (Vancouver) radio station over the net at my favourite local internet cafe. It's interesting looking at the Canadian Top 20 charts and seeing so many songs I've never even heard of. Damn, that's frustrating to someone like me, who has the listening demographic of a 14-year-old schoolgirl. I always justify my teenybopper listening preferences by saying that I like to know the current hits when I go out and hear them at the clubs. Unfortunately, it's not like I'm going out to clubs too much these days, but that's another story. Still adjusting to a crazy non-standard work schedule...

OK, this is one freakin' boring blog post. That's all for today, but I hope everyone in Canada has a...

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

  • Derrick told me that Canadians usually celebrate it on Sunday, but regardless, Happy Thanksgiving Day!

    What is the traditional Canadian meal, or do you just do good deeds like every other Canadian day?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home