life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

I have a confession to make

Greetings from rainy Thailand. It may be raining, but luckily shopping is an all-weather sport!! I was in Koh Samui for a couple of days, then came to Koh Tao yesterday. Unfortunately, it's just not what I'm looking for, so am heading back to Koh Samui.

I was warned that Koh Samui is totally touristy and commercial. I have a confession to make: I don't mind totally touristy and commercial. I'm pretty happy as long as there's clean accommodation (ideally with a pool), shopping, dining, drinking (most importantly), preferably a beach, and plenty of opportunities for fun. Call me shallow, but I like the cheesy atmosphere and can do without the back-to-nature night that we had last night on Koh Tao. Nice, but a bit too close to nature.

We're trying to find cleaner accommodation here, but so many things are closed for rainy season. As a result, if our last ditch effort doesn't come through for us, we'll take the afternoon catamaran back to Samui. And I'll be just fine with that.

I bought a pair of Fisherman's Pants. You know, the kind that just hang loosely and tie around the waist. I think I've found what I want to wear 24/7!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home