life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Great

Ain't it the truth. When you're going on holidays, why is it that you end up working a whole heckuva lot of extra hours just to have the privilege of taking that much-needed time off. Why can't it just be like, "OK, that's all. I'm outta here. See you losers later!"

Last night I had a great group in my suite at work. It was so nice to be able to work with a group leader who's really organized, knows what they're doing, has it down to a 'T', and thanks you for making things so easy. Love it! And it was just nice to do things a bit differently for a change. Don't get me wrong -- we do things in a very particular way because it works, and works well. Still, we do things that way also in part because we're told we have to. With this group, there were some modifications we had to make in our operations because they have a national contract with us that includes some specifically different requirements. And it was nice to be able to mix it up a bit.

OK, OK, this post is boring. But it was just nice to have a change.

And speaking of change.....the position that I heard about the other day -- the one that would see me add some new countries to my travel map -- has been posted. And I found out that I'll be competing against someone who is completely incompetent considerably less qualified than me. And yet, that person will probably get the job because they're best friends with the person doing the hiring.

Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home