life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Opportunity: present thyself

I'm sure it's just the heat and humidity. Gawd, I hope so. Ya, surely it is. I mean, I look at my black shirt at the end of the day and it's covered in salt stains that represent the extent of my discomfort. I'll be honest -- I'm a big fella (6'1" and 180 190 pounds) -- but I don't normally sweat quite this much.

Anyways, that's all. The heat is making me grumpy, and I'm wondering whether I'm just over this job or whether I'm just feelin' a bit uncomfortable.

Or maybe I'm just fixated on a new opportunity that reminds me that I'm being underutilized. Damn, should I keep doing something that I'm great at, but that doesn't tap into my potential? Or should I leap at a new opportunity that is by no means a sure thing, and that would see me have to endure some geographical challenges that I just don't reslish? An opportunity that I may not even be considered for.

I'll let opportunities present themselves and then decide. The first one is scheduled to present itself as early as this week. Well, that is, if I'm offered the job that I've already interviewed for. And if it's not offered to me.....hell, I may not have any choice in the matter regarding my next step.

But regardless, can this crazy weather stop?! Puh-leeze?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home