life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tonight we drink!

It wasn't an amicable break up, yours and mine.

We had an awkward parting of the ways, and I wasn't coping well. I tried to move on with my meager existence life and be positive. I took up a new hobby to distract me, figuring that I could acquire a new interest to fill the void created by the loss of you. I thought I was doing fine. In fact, I still think I did a very admirable job of moving on and starting anew.

And then you came back. And I realized just how lost I had been without you.

But it's all sunshine and cheesecake now that you're back in my life. It's only that spending quality time with you is still proving to be difficult. I long for that oh-so-elusive alone time passed with only you and me, while the rest of the world looks on with noses pressed against windows.....wishing and wanting to be part of the secret life of us.

Yes, now me and my blog are back together and happier than ever. No more of this half-assed internet connection to worry about. It's blog and me, united together to fight injustice promote social causes help the downtrodden improve ourselves and the world ramble on about trite and trivial things that nobody should really spend too much time thinking about.

So much to catch up on. Here are some highlights:

  • Ottawa was great. Awesome temp staff, awesome accommodation, awesome site, awesome everything....except my numbers weren't good. I had some pretty quiet days, and it was such a drag to have a staff that was sooooo good, but had soooo little to do at times.
  • Our Tour Plan has changed and Nashville and Raleigh are no longer on the schedule. The tour has confirmed a new market as our first stop in early 2007, so these two cities were dropped in order to prepare for that international transfer and Set Up. I'm disappointed that Nashville and Raleigh are off the schedule, cuz Luscious Lorna had planned on coming to visit me there. Still, that was about all I was looking forward to in those cities, so I suppose it's for the best.
  • I have a new roommate in Philadelphia. I'm shackin' up with Tower Girl and it's a blast. We have the same schedules, so it's fun to come home to someone with whom I can have a cocktail, chat about the trials and tribs highlights of our work day, and just generally enjoy being around. I really like(d) my last roommate, The Coach, but Tower Girl and I were meant to live together.
  • I did my entire Set Up in Philadelphia on my own. Normally Tower Girl is given to me as a resource, but this time she had a different schedule which precluded her from being assigned to my operation. As a result, I used temp staff labour for a couple of shortened days (18 temp staff hours in total), and did everything else on my own. Ev. Ree. Thing. Where is the equity?
  • My vacation is coming up in 19 short days. I shortened it by one day in order to be responsible and do one last thing at work before heading off on July 28. But I am sooooo looking forward to going to Montreal for the Out Games, competing in my track events, hopefully bringing back some medals, and hanging out with my buddies. It's gonna rock!
  • This coming Tuesday is going to be a red letter date for me and my entire department of colleagues. We find out what happens with our jobs and new structure after the North American Tour. As I mentioned above, we'll be heading to the brand new market in early 2007, which means that there will be some changes -- some for the good, and some for the not-as-good-for-me. To make a long story short(er), I'll have a bit more clarity as to what the future holds for me as of Tuesday. In fact, the end result could be that I'll be unemployed at the end of October. And I'm actually not all that stressed about that. OK, maybe just a wee bit.
  • I am stressed about another opportunity that may arise. I've got another iron in the fire -- oh, that sounds so sexual!! -- and I'd like that to eventuate, but I'm getting less and less convinced that it will happen, and I'm quickly coming to grips with the fact that this would be OK, too. Whatever happens is meant to happen, of that I am sure. I'm just really clueless as to what that happening will actually be. The first question will be answered on Tuesday: will I have a job on this tour after October? Damn, where is my Magic 8-ball when I really need it?!

That's about all I have time for right now. It's Milestone Sunday and I have to get ready for another two-show day at work. So far, things have been going fairly well. The staff seem OK and the crowds seem enthusiastic and well-behaved, so I think we'll have a successful city run here.

But I'm sad. Tower Girl goes on vacation tomorrow, too soon after we've started our roommate experience. We'll have a week together when she returns, but then I'm away for 10 days, so we'll be apart once again : ( So in order to compensate, tonight we drink!

1 Comments:

  • The loss of Nashville and Raleigh are being taken very hard by your Atlanta fans. Some other arrangements may have to be made.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home