life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mothers, lock up your sons

We put up some verrrry special fabric in the suite today. It's plush, it's tactile, it's colourful, it's awesome. It gives the illusion of layers, which is one of the effects I continually try to achieve inside the suite. In fact, we dubbed the fabric Elmo, on account of the fact that it really and truly looks like the red, fuzzy, huggable fella.

Let me just say that I'm lovin' Elmo in my suite!

So Set Up continues to go well. I'm liking the way we -- Tower Girl and I -- are working together, and I'm mostly just happy to have the help. Today I met my caterer for a food tasting, which was great. Eeveryone will be happy with the selection of hors d'oeuvres we'll offer, and that takes a load off my mind. I'm happy with the way we seem to be on-track, service-wise, with the caterer as well. My confidence is high that this will be a good run.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Montreal for some Head Office meetings. I've never been to HO before, so it should be cool. And looking ahead to next week -- OMG -- I'm going to get a day off on Monday! A day off during Set Up is something I've never gotten before, so it's all very exciting! Sure, Set Up is spread out over more days than usual, so a day off was kind of expected. Still, to get one is a sweet luxury. Yippee!

And with nearly everyone getting Monday off, it's time to plan for something special. For me, it's a return trip to Montreal with a few other fun folks, heading out on Sunday night and partying all night long until about 3AM, at which point I remember that I'm no longer young and vibrant. I haven't gone out in Montreal in a dog's age, so it should be fun. And with Lucky and The Hire Guy to guide us, we'll be sure to have waaaay too much fun trolling the bars for some young, unsuspecting prey.

Mothers, lock up your sons! The Circus Freaks are on the way.

1 Comments:

  • Oh no!!! too bad it's sposed to be rainy. What circus? Cavalia? (I could probably glean this info from archives, but I'm lazy AND I have to go to work in a sec)

    By Blogger tornwordo, at 4:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home