life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

41

I had to go to Kentucky the other day to hit the closest Home Depot store. In my Jeep I went, driving across the river to a mall close by. And, by doing that, I added a 41st state to my list of visited states in the Yoo Ess of Eh. I tried to post the map of all my states, but the formatting is screwed up, so I'll just leave it to your imagination. Suffice to say, I'm now only missing Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa and Tennessee.

Oh, I've also visited nine of the 10 Canadian provinces, and will one day hit Newfoundland. It's just those three northern territories that I don't see myself getting to. And that's a bit of a shame, from what I understand, as it's supposedly beautiful up there.

I know I'll hit 42 states by the end of this tour, as Missouri is on the immediate horizon -- duh, we're heading to St. Louis in a few weeks -- and, depending on whether I head home after Oct. 23 or not, I could hit Kansas, Nebraska and even North Dakota along the way. Not that I'm that desperate to get to 50 or anything. Still, Kansas and Nebraska would probably be a logical route home to Vancouver. But time will tell. As I said in my last post, I could see myself heading to any of a number of places after October 23, and it's only time that will tell.

I'll still strive for 50 at some point. I'm not sure why, but it just seems like I should.

how many states have you visited?

2 Comments:

  • I think I've hit 29 - most of the east coast, all of the west coast and a whole lot of nothing in between. I guess I'd better go on a road trip to catch up!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 a.m.  

  • Oh, and Evil lives up north - there's a reason to visit the Yukon anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home