life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

There ain't nobody better

It's finally the Sunday night I've been waiting for. The week went well, but it's most definitely time to kick back, relax, enjoy a few cocktails, and look forward to a day off tomorrow. Amen, sistah!

Lucky, Tower Girl and I are planning a trip to Chicago to celebrate Lucky's 40th birthday -- a prelude to my own 40th in December. And it's really starting to hit me that we won't be together much longer. It breaks my will to live heart, but I know in a couple of months that we'll be heading off in different directions, possibly to other tours, possibly back to hometowns, possibly to other adventures. Regardless of where we end up, I'm already worried that the separation anxiety will be a bit too much to bear. These gals have become so much to me, and I will miss them terribly.

I have no idea where I'll end up in a few months. The world is my oyster, I suppose. With no dependents or spousal equivalent to worry about, I do have plenty of options open to me. Still, I suppose the thing is that I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

If I grow up.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm quite happy to grow up. I just feel like I should have a freakin' clue what I want to do. And if I don't -- which is my current status -- then I just want to be surrounded by wicked people like my best friends while I'm figuring it out. Best friends like Lucky, Tower Girl, Suzie and Luscious Lorna.

Wherever I end up, and whatever I end up doing, these folks are my lifelines. There ain't nobody better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home