life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tower Girl: the birthday

Tower Girl realizes the party's over (March/2006)

It's Tower Girl's birthday, and I'm the best roommate ever! I already gave her a gift certificate for her favourite store, and on Monday I'm spririting her away for a surprise birthday adventure. She doesn't know what I'm up to, but it will be fun. Suffice to say that when Jeff plans a surprise, it usually elicits a love-your-work! kind of response. This time should be no exception.

And she certainly deserves to have some fun. She's so much fun to live with, and makes work time enjoyable for both me and Lucky. She's away from her boyfriend for the first birthday since they started dating, and I know I'm a weak substitute -- I just will not sleep with her, no matter how hard she tries to convert me!

But at least I'll happily drink with her. And oh, how the gal can drink! Why, I wouldn't have thought that someone so demure and elegant could put back the Three Olives cherry vodka the way Tower Girl can. And all this from someone clinging so desperately to her mid-20's so young. Very impressive!

So here's to a great birthday surprise for Tower Girl. I think she'll enjoy what I have in store.


And on a completely unrelated topic, I can't believe Philadelphia is nearly over. Let me rephrase: I can't wait until Philadelphis is over. Only two shows -- plus Tear Down -- to go. And none too soon, cuz I'm just way over this place.

Bring on Cincinnati!

3 Comments:

  • Don't get too excited about Cincinnati. It's not horrible, but well, it's not great. It has its own charms though so seek them out diligently. Some of us Indy types may venture your way for a show and bring all our good karma with us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 p.m.  

  • I saw a very churchy-like goody good girl that was in my youth group years ago at a party...chuggin' from a beer bong.......upside down.......at the age of 14. Talk about impressive 'n' surprising

    By Blogger Doug, at 10:49 p.m.  

  • Lucky lucky Tower Girl to be the beneficiary of Jeff's Birthday attentions! As one who has loved your work> I'm sure that you guys had a great time last night. Can't wait for the details!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home