life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Closed

It's all coming to a close. The Closing Ceremonies on Saturday night were (like the Opening) magnificent. As cheesy as it sounds, the big draw was Liza, and she honestly didn't disappoint. Sure, there were many bitchy fags skeptical audience members, but she was neither drunk, nor (seemingly) on pills, nor slurring. She was pitch-perfect, on her game, and fab-yoo-luhs!

I don't leave until tomorrow, but things are effectively over. All my friends have departed, except for Suzie. And of course The Hire Guy and Lucky, who are here for a day longer than I am. But today will see some shopping, some sightseeing, and some last drinks.

Then it's back to the airport for the flight to Philly. Oh....and did I mention that I volunteered to be bumped from my flight here for a later one (a mere 2 hours later) in exchange for a free round-trip flight coupon anywhere in North America that US Airways flies. Did I mention that?! Ya. Talk about the best ever start to a vacation.

Perhaps I'll have the same luck to end my vacation! But for now, these Games are closed.

2 Comments:

  • As the first commenter to this post I would like to call dibs that the free flight be used for a trip to Atlanta!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:37 a.m.  

  • I watched liza on tv last night. I was pretty impressed given her history. It was like watching the ghost of her mother a little bit.

    Too bad we never ran into each other. Another time! Glad you had fun.

    By Blogger tornwordo, at 3:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home