life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, August 11, 2006

"And the gold medal in
Shot Put goes to...."

Gold medal in Shot Put at the Outgames (Montreal, August/2006)

I was happy with my shot put during the decathlon, but by the time the open shot put rolled around three days later, my legs were a bit shot -- so to speak : )

I didn't throw as far as in the decathlon shot, so I was a bit disappointed with that. I also didn't throw farthest of all the competitors -- a guy in a younger age category threw 15cm farther. I also didn't get to focus clearly on the event, as the open high jump was being held simultaneously and I had to run about a mile back and forth between the two events. And I just didn't feel ready to punch a long one out there, despite my trying to convince myself I was. Still, I came away with a gold medal in my age group, and a place at the top of the podium.

The 10 15 extra pounds I'm carrying in my midsection came in very handy. Even if my high jump performance suffered. Terribly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home