life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Could have been worse

So I was playing volleyball last night at Britannia Community Centre. It was great -- I was playing with some really talented guys, I was forced to step up my game to be competitive, I was doing that for the most part (with a few notable errors), I was understanding a bit better where my weaknesses continue to lie.

We'd been playing for over two hours and were about 5 minutes from the end of play. "Great," I thought, "this evening has been fun and I feel like my game is rounding into shape in time for Calgary."

But just when I thought I was home free, it happened.I went up for a block and landed on the foot of the guy who was hitting on the other side of the net. And you just know that it can't be good when you hear a nasty crunching sound as you land.

Instant pain.

Shooting pain allllll over my right ankle.

Feeling sick to my stomach.

Limping around in anger/frustration/pain.

Questions about how bad I've done it in.....

And in the end, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. The scariest part was hearing that crunch sound that could have been a bone breaking, some tendons stretching, or ligaments snapping. I'm guessing it was just the force of landing on my opponent's sneaker or something. But thank goodness it wasn't anything breaking!

I was able to drive home and it was sore last night, but not too swollen. Today, it's definitely still sore (!!) but at least I can walk and function without too much difficulty. Thanking my lucky stars!!

3 Comments:

  • ugghhh, I got that sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. Glad it's going to be okay.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:42 a.m.  

  • dr. finkelstein and his wife marla want you to know that you can come down the south beach and re-cooperate there and he won't even charge you his regular patient rates to have a second look...he'll give you the 'family discount' being that your uncle norman and him go way back. get betta soon and know we're all pulling for you back east. lots of love, leona xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 a.m.  

  • Two words: Phy.Sio.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home