life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, March 23, 2007

At the 3.5 km mark

After getting a couple of questions about the status of my ankle, I realized that I hadn't posted an update since I rolled it.

In short, things are good. It's still a bit sore and swollen, and I don't have complete range of motion, but it's all good. After giving it a rest from volleyball, I bought a new ankle brace and hit the court again last weekend. It didn't give me any grief at all, so that was a huge relief.

Calgary is still on the agenda for Easter weekend. This is a tournament that I've played in 4 times in the past, but most recently in 2002. It's been far too long since I've played Western Cup, so I'm stoked to have the chance to go to Cowtown and have some fun.

The biggest problem I have with the ankle is the fact that, in a moment of weakness, I agreed to join my friend's corporate team for the Sun Run. Despite the fact that I had started running and felt that I would be ready, my ankle injury has precluded me from running since I hurt it. Sure, I've been cycling in the gym, swimming, and pool running -- but it's not nearly the same as real running. As a result, I think I'll be hooped for the Sun Run, simply because the ankle can't take the pounding of real running yet. I guess I'll be walking it.

Luckily, my apartment is right along the course, so I could simply duck out and finish my walk at the 3.5 km mark : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home