life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Never too early for a Diet Coke

5:42 AM: Why, oh why, does that damn bird need to make those pseudo-cock-a-doodle-doo noises and wake up my sorry, sleep-deprived self? must. keep. sleeping.

7:23 AM: It’s Sunday, for heavens’ sake. Why does the garbage and recycling need to get picked up on Sunday? Furthermore, why do the garbos need to make soooo much noise when they do it? I suppose they figure if they’re awake, everyone else should be too. Damn their logic.

Random thoughts for today:

  • Cityrail sucks. For sooo many reasons. And so do smelly people on really long JAL and Cathay flights to and from Vancouver (via Tokyo and Hong Kong, respectively). BO really sucks on flights of up to 14 hours!
  • Seeing as how I quit my job, I guess I’ll be saddling my family with more home-made Christmas presents again this year. I bet they’ll be just thrilled to discover that. The good news: I make cool presents that aren't as lame as you might think.
  • Dannii Minogue appears to be pretty talent-less, right? Why else would she be trying to sound like her way-famous sister and looking like a hooker relying on her surgically-enhanced body wearing really sleazy clothes working so hard to sell records?
  • All this talk about two shows in North America can now become my reality: Lost and Desperate Housewives are both coming to Australian television. Oh rejoice! Other than the hot guys I’ve heard about (well, what other reason would there be to watch?!), I don’t think I need to add them to my regularly scheduled programming.
  • The new (well, new to Australia but probably old news to every-friggin-where else in the world) Alicia Keys song Karma is brilliant. The Karma-stition version with Stevie providing the some incredible zing is probably the best use of an existing song I’ve heard since....well, in a really really long time. Love your work, 'Licia.
  • I’ve only given the address of this blog to one person, and I wonder if she's reading. Muffin, are you there? I had a great visit with Linda while I was in Vangroovy. Thanks for help getting us connected.

10:20 AM: Never too early for a Diet Coke. My buddy Lorna would give me a big thumbs up, while Suzie would say “Now just add a splash of Bacardi and you’re in business.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home