life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

This lightbulb moment
brought to me by Ms. Header

Hmmmm, funny how things work out. I had a second interview with this company on Tuesday. I felt that it went well and that I connected with the guy who was on the other end of the phone -- it helped that we shared some laughs and seemed to be fairly relaxed with each other. Jeepers, in that respect, it was kinda like setting up a blind date or something. I wonder if he's cute.

Yesterday I got phone conselling from Ms. Header -- famous for providing me with life-altering lightbulb-over-the-head moments -- and e-mail encouragement from Little Bub (thanks, gals!). Still, I had been told not to expect a decision until next week, so I was blown away by this morning's wake up call outlining an impending offer. Zoiks! That was fast!

Now calm down, dear readers, cuz full details are still forthcoming in an offer letter and nothing is finalized yet. For instance, I need to figure out how I'm gonna get time off for a March commitment back in Canada..... Still, it looks awfully promising! Money is not my prime motivator, so it's a nice surprise to hear that (inclusive of benefits, COLA, tour bonus, performance bonus potential, and the like) the package will be considerably more than I expected. Look at me: always a sucker for a big package!

Jaysus, it'll be fucking brilliant to have a paycheque again! Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

  • What would you be doing? I always wanted to do some acrobatic training. Is it still possible to do that even though I'm not a three month old Chinese baby?

    By Blogger Dawei, at 7:47 p.m.  

  • Well, I'm glad you asked, Dawei! Despite my abundant flexibility and god-given gifts (why yes, I will toot my own horn), I'll be taking up a behind-the-scenes job. Still, it'll be damned exciting, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity.

    Now without sounding all bloggy/pathetic/fan/stalker-ish, your blog was the first blog I LOVED reading. I was one of the converted who found you through the Sydney Morning Herald article, and have looked forward to your adventures ever since. You, my friend, are a truly funny man and were the impetus to get me started in this crazy-ass bloggin' world. Thanks for sharing with all of us, Dawei!

    Jeff.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 9:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home