life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, January 17, 2005

I'm gonna get me a snake

Lleyton and his snake

When Lleyton got dumped by Kim a few months ago, he cleary hit the gym hard. Debuting this year as a mini-muscle mary, he's earned a new fan in yours truly. While he still tends to be a bit intense on-court (what's with that whole snake-in-the-face pose, BTW?), he's playing really well and always guarantees an exciting match.

I'm damn stoked to be off to Melbourne tomorrow to take in the Australian Open. I've had a dream for many years to attend all 4 Grand Slams before I die, and after attending the 2002 US Open, this Aussie Open will be Grand Slam #2 in my global tennis quest. Eventually, I'll head over to Wimbledon and Roland Garros, but for now I'm freakin' excited to stalk watch Lleyton and his snake in their quest for a first Aussie Open.

There will also be plenty of other talented gentlemen to watch in Melbourne, and hot, fit, sweaty men in (or out of) shorts and sleeveless tops always get me going! Plus, as noted in the 6th point of this post, I've been forecasting big things from Aussie home-grown talent Alicia Molik. She's undefeated in 2005, has won her first-round match, and is marching through the draw on her way to a 4th round clash with the inconsistent Venus Williams. My prediction? Molik in 3 tough sets.

Posts will be light over the next few days. Play safe while I'm gone, y'all!

2 Comments:

  • So totally jealous you're hitting the courts. I've done Wiblemdon and the US Open. Maybe we can do Roland gGarros together :)

    By Blogger Jeffrey Cufaude, at 1:20 p.m.  

  • You got yourself a date for Roland Garros! Expect a call from my people to iron out the details.

    Jeff.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 2:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home