life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

In a word: zoiks!

My first day at the Aussie Open. My latest brush with celebrity.

This legend of the game was a mere 10 feet away from me during this morning's practice session. Later in the day, she and her partner put on a tennis clinic in wiping their opponents all over the court. I can't believe that I can now say I've seen this living legend play in person.

I saw tons of matches, enjoyed a few cocktails, got a bit too much sun, and drooled over a few too many fit men. Did you know that high-level tennis is way faster and hard-hitting in person than on TV? I didn't truly appreciate it until today.

What an absolutely brilliant start to my Aussie Open!

3 Comments:

  • **giggle** - "Aussie Open"

    That sounds vaguely titillating.

    By Blogger dantallion, at 11:41 a.m.  

  • But is Pete Sampras playing? Is he?

    God, I love that man...

    By Blogger Christopher, at 4:14 p.m.  

  • Trust you to think of the slightly naughty connotation, Dan! But I like how you think : )

    Pete's not playing, Christopher. He's safe in the pantheon of the sport's greatest ever players, but he's been officially retired for a couple of years now. But I did get to see him play in his last-ever Grand Slam (US Open 2002). That guy got game!

    Jeff.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 10:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home