life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Rebirth in Perth

I know the suspense must be just killing you. Right?! Readers, are you there?! Are ya sitting on the edges of your seats after reading my last post? Are ya wondering whether I was forced to pass hours on end drinking myself into a stupor in airport lounges?

As it happens, my flights back to Perth on Friday were uneventful. The rain abated just before we left Hong Kong, and a quick transfer in Singapore meant I was on my way "home" to Perth. And home it is -- well, at least until August 14.

Perth looks like it will agree with me. Our hotel is very nice, and I'm the lucky recipient of the master bedroom for this city. Jesus, if I'm not entitled to it after enduring my nightmare torture chamber in Adelaide, I'm not sure I would consider this a just world. But all is good: I've got the good room with ensuite, and I'm lounging around naked behind my closed door.

Oh ya, I have a real bedroom window with a view outside!! And it even opens. Praise Jesus!

So I got back from Singers and Honkers late late Friday night. And Saturday morning was the beginning of.....the dreaded event known as Set Up! Yup, Earl the Pearl is back in fine form and in the midst of the Set Up Fitness Plan. I've spent Saturday, Sunday and today lifting, hauling, pushing, pulling, shoving, dragging, crawling, climbing, reaching, bending, and driving a forklift. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I'm in need of a good massage. But the hard work is done and it's only the final details we need to worry about now.

I've enjoyed Set Up here in Perth much more than I did in Adelaide. My colleague Nurse Girl and I seem to be way ahead of the game, and not playing catch-up nearly as much this time. We've been able to get our power leads laid, our video and speaker connections strung, our road cases emptied, and our storage container organized way quicker and more efficiently than last time, so Set Up has actually been enjoyable bearable. Thank God that Nurse Girl is on my team, because she works her ass off and gets it done really fucking expertly.

There was lots of rain in Perth while I was gone, but it's been picture perfect weather for the past three days. Everyone says that this is Winter in Perth. Well, I'll drink to that! Then again, I'll drink to anything!

Premiere is on Friday, July 1. Well, damned if that ain't Canada Day. What a great day to debut in a new city!

3 Comments:

  • We are massaging you virtually.

    Was it as good for you as it was for us?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 a.m.  

  • Good luck with the premier. Make it a good one in honour of Canuck day!

    By Blogger dantallion, at 10:05 a.m.  

  • Jeffrey: lower. A bit lower. Still lower, please. Still. A. Bit. Lower...ya, that's it. Ahhhhh....

    Dan: it should be good fun. I'll have a beer in your honour!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 6:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home