life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Chilling, chatting and chugging

Yesterday I went for a run (yay me! another run!) and ventured into this cool nature reserve on Herrisson Island, hoping to see kangaroos. I did : ) It's not every day that you see kangaroos while you're running directly adjacent to the city.

Last night I got lost in Lost. As per usual, it was wicked. Only a few more episodes to go until the end of the first season, but I fear that I may miss the very last episode because (I think) it airs the day I leave for Vancouver. What the hell kind of karma is that?!

Also last night, a new friend of mine watched the show with me. Yay me -- I have a new friend!! It was cool, cuz San Diego Gal brought a bottle of wine and we just hung out while watching Lost (followed by The Amazing Race). She's very cool, and it's just nice having someone to hang with. But we also invited The Gringo, and he brought wine too!! The three of us chilled, chatted and chugged wine until we realized it was 1:00AM.

Tonight: more chilling, chatting and chugging (beer this time) with the cool newlywed couple, Diver Boy and Tape Girl. I brought some beer, while they made a homemade Japanese feast. Fair trade, I'd say!! Very cool cathing up with them after a few weeks.

What an awesome couple of days! It kinda makes up for some of the crap that's been floating around this week.

2 Comments:

  • "Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." ~ Jack Handy

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:54 p.m.  

  • Amen, sistah. Now what about all those poor vineyard workers -- sorry, assembly line bottlers -- who slave away to bring me my Diet Coke? All hail the bottling plant drones!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 9:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home