life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Double dark

My sister J is in town for a visit. We went to watch the Brisbane Lions play the West Coast Eagles (the Eagles won), we're gonna head to Freo to look around tomorrow, and we'll just see what else manages to keep us busy.

I worked Friday and today (Sunday), but we got to hang out Saturday and will also do so on the upcoming double dark (Monday and Tuesday). I just wish I wasn't so freakin' exhausted from working so much.

I had a management workshop the other day -- a follow-up day to a Day One workshop we had in Adelaide. It's always interesting getting exposure to things like this, but you do wonder (well, I do, anyway) if the things I think I'm doing as a manager/leader are really what I am doing. Today, I had my doubts...but that's another post.

I sometimes think that, in the right circumstances, I can be a very effective manager/leader. In the past, however, I've gotten frustrated with a lack of buy-in from team members, and I've let that affect me too much. Oh well, it's all about trying to grow, develop skills, and learn patience. I still have so much to learn, but I think hope I'm on the right track. Jeepers, at 38 I should hope so :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home