life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Stupid Girl Friday

To borrow a favourite phrase from Luscious Lorna, it's clearly Stupid Girl Friday for me today.

I was sitting there doing some online banking, switching money from account to account in order to evade collection agencies, and saw that my bank has added some enhanced security features to their site. No worries.

I had to choose a security question that will help the bank verify my identity in the event that I've forgotten my password. You know the drill: you choose from a drop-down list of questions like "What's your mother's maiden name?" or "What was the name of your first pet?"

You choose whichever question you want, and then type in the answer that supposedly proves that you -- and absolutely nobody else in the entire world -- know that your first pet was "Whiskers" the gerbil. No worries.

Well, except that one of the questions in the list was: "What was the street you threw up on?"

"Hmmmpphh," I thought indignantly. "Fu-uhhhhck. That could be Oxford Street in Sydney, the parking lot of the TraveLodge in downtown Seattle, Christopher Street in NYC, the Blackcomb Admin Building Parking Lot in Whistler, or so many others. How am I supposed to choose and remember just one?!"

Then this Stupid Girl squinted her eyes a bit, took a long, hard look at the question again, and immediately got up for a much-needed a shot of caffeine.

Grew. Not threw. Grew.

3 Comments:

  • Can't... stop.... laughing.....
    A few auspicious stories at this address too: http://www.wildwoodlodge.com/

    Sometime I'll have to add the streets I've thrown up on element to your next tour of Atlanta.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:07 a.m.  

  • Now was that Jeff or Eva who attempted to clean up his/her own mess in the underground parking lot (directing the detritus towards the floor drain with his/her socks)?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 a.m.  

  • Oooooh, that one's news to me!! It must have been Eva in all her glory. Damn, I thought I knew ALL the puke stories : (

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 5:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home