life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Grey

Yesterday I went for a run. Yup, that's 4 runs in the past couple of weeks. Yay me! I think I may have finally licked my injury once and for all for the time being. It first hit last November, when I won my GOLD MEDAL in high jump at the Pan Pacific Masters Games. I felt a strain in the achilles heel of my right leg (my take off leg) after the competiton was over -- after receiving my GOLD MEDAL -- and it just never seemed to get better. I became a sloth stopped running for six months, and it still didn't seem to heal.

But I think maybe the worst is finally over and I may have licked my achilles heel injury. These past few runs I've done something that has helped; something very foreign to me. I've started at a moderate, conservative pace, easing into the run before gradually building up to a more suitable tempo. Maybe the key is letting the achilles warm up sufficiently before putting so much pressure on it. I'll keep doing my runs that way and hopefully I'll find my way back on the path to fitness.

Having said that, however, I'm a bit surprised. No running at all in the past eight months (except for twice in Melbourne) and yet I haven't ballooned into a blimp. I weighed myself the other day and I'm at 181.5 lbs. Yet I'm eating like there's no tomorrow. I think it shows just how much good it does being busy at work and always on the move. Plus, the Tear Down and Set Up Fitness Plans are clearly working wonders!

And now a shock horror that I've noticed since starting this job: I'm starting to grey at the temples. Not all of a sudden or anything, but slowly, gradually. Well, I suppose 40 is only 17 months away now. Just as long as I look distinguished when it's all over and done with : )

And speaking of grey, I saw a pod of dolphins on my run. Couldn't believe it -- there, swimming along in the Swan River, a pod of seven or so grey dolphins. Yippee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home