life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Functional Guy

They call our contacts in Montreal -- like the Directors and Assistant Directors that are responsible for our business areas -- functional links. And I often think of that Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where Tasha Yar comes onto Data with the question, "So Data, are you fully functional?"

Well, my link is most assuredly fully functional. He used to tour with the circus, and had recently left our show when I arrived last March. He's a good guy, knows our business, understands the reality of the tour, and (in the limited interaction I've had with him thus far) seems to be pretty open and honest. I have plenty of questions for him about some of the changes in our structure and how they affect me and what the plans for the future are and what the future of my job looks like and what the future of me looks like and all sorts of other stuff. I'm hoping to walk away with some concrete knowledge after our meeting today.

You see, I have a thirst for knowledge. In fact, I yearn for it. And I have a feeling that I'll be making some plans after speaking with Functional Guy today. I just have a feeling that there may be some changes in the works, but this, of course, is based on conjecture and "a feeling" that I have. Hopefully he'll be up-front and honest with me and I can then have a better idea about what the next 12 months looks like. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home