life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Five-six-seven-eight -- step, together, pivot, and pose

We had dinner. We took lots of pictures. We reminisced, we laughed, we cried. We laughed more, we cried even more, and we laughed again.

We spontaneously choregraphed a dance routine and performed it unknowingly for some stranger sitting in a parked car -- who later passed us in the lobby and gave us the thumbs up. We performed said routine for our friends to thunderous applause their delight. And then we said our final good-byes and cried one more time.

As Tower Girl said, the dance routine (conceived as we waited outside for a cab -- a great way to combat the chill of the evening!!) was a great way to break the tension and nervousness that awaited our final good-byes. But in the end, emotion still showed its face, and tears flowed unapologetically.

We each toasted the entire group at the table, including my toast to a common enemy who helped bring all of us closer together. But in my real toast, I told the table that the most important thing in my life is laughter. It's the currency of my life. And every single person at that table makes me laugh out loud again and again and again. Because of them, I'm the wealthiest guy in the world.

Good-bye, my friends. I can't wait to hear about future opportunities and movements, changes and developments. If the adventure is nearly as awesome as the last 19 months, it'll be amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home