life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

All gussied up

I've been pretty darn busy updating my resume -- which was in serious need of some overhauling -- and gettin' my cover letters gussied up in anticipation of applying for a few more jobs. I was looking at a big job site on Friday and started getting downright depressed at the lack of suitable positions. I just wasn't interested in anything I saw, and was wondering if I should reconsider my career path and go into health care, sales, or (back into) IT.

Uh, no.

And then I came across a couple of postings that really appeal to me. Hence the need to get my house in order and get my resume up to snuff. And after consulting with HR queen Suzie, I had some direction.

So after a couple of days of fine-tuning, my resume is lookin' sharp, my cover letters are drafted, and I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille to invite these companies to re-start my career.

I know I've asked you all to do this a lot in the past few months, but if y'all could just keep your fingers crossed for me yet again......I'd really appreciate it.

Merci.

2 Comments:

  • morrie,
    if i knew people where you are, i would have you meeting those people and have those people hiring you! you are fabulous and don't let anyone (vancouver tourism) tell you different!!! and yes, tower girl & i are heading for a pow-wow...we need a little comforting from one another and lunch won't hurt! miss you heaps!
    leona xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 a.m.  

  • Leona: always one with a good word, aren't you? Thanks for the encouragement, and enjoy the pow-wow with Tower Girl.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 11:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home