life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Good bye Knot's Landing

I'll miss this place.

  • Good bye, rooftop pool that I loved but which sadly lacked the calibre of poolboys featured in Kylie's Slow video.
  • Good bye, window view of the cruisy park.
  • Good bye, window view of the rich people's marina.
  • Good bye, awesome neighbourhood in which I wanted to live from the first time I saw it.
  • Good bye, rooftop view of the Harbour Bridge and the very tip-top of the Opera House.
  • Good bye, rooftop view eastward across the water to North Heads.
  • Good bye, beautiful and peaceful cul-de-sac that I sometimes imagined as Knot's Landing with me ruling the roost as Paige Matheson Abby Fairgate Ewing Sumner the crazy character Alec Baldwin played.
  • Good bye, my wee 300-sqare-foot studio pad.

It's freakin' scary how much you can say you're simplifying your life and feel that you're living with very few material goods. And yet, when it's time to deal with it all, you realize there's more crap jammed into your shoebox apartment than you thought humanly possible.

I'll miss this place.

1 Comments:

  • I would miss it to. :-/

    But its' a fresh start now though! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home