life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Rooting and roos

Went for a good run this morning. Yay me! I ran around the Herrisson Island reserve again to see if I could spot the family of kangaroos. Come to think of it, they may not be a family but, instead, the roo equivalent of a biker gang.

At any rate, they surprised me as I made a right turn on the East side of the reserve to finish my first lap. There they were, just lounging by a grove of trees. One was sitting on his hind legs washing his tiny front paws, another was lying on his side looking like he was reading the Saturday morning paper. I swear!! A couple more were just hanging out chatting and wondering who the lumbering, sweating, heavy-footed, uber-slow moving fella was. Well, it was me, cutting a wide path around the group so as not to disturb them.

They took notice of me, perking up a wee bit to make sure I wasn't gonna head their way and disturb their hanging-out time. And I noticed that in the bright sunlight of a Saturday morning that these roos are definitely reddish-brown in colour, not grey as I previously thought.

All this after sitting in front of the TV rooting for Canada as it won two more silvers at the World Swimming Championships. Yay Mike Brown and yay Men's 4 x 200m free relay!

Rooting and roos. That's one fantastic morning.

Tee hee. Rooting. Do North Americans know what that means Down Under? Well, I wasn't doing that.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home