life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Please try the veal

Arrgghh. I only have one day off this week, so I'm trying to go into work as late as possible today and tomorrow. Ha! Fat chance. It's a good thing that I love my job, cuz if I was struggling in that regard....I'd be hooped.

Question for you: is anyone a bigger suck than me?

Please allow me to explain.

When I lived in Australia, I found out that my sisters watched the TV show Judging Amy whenever it was on -- which was quite infrequently, unfortunately. You see, in Australia, there doesn't seem to be much of a fixed schedule for TV shows. This is particularly true of import shows like Judging Amy, much to the chagrin of my sisters, who used to get frustrated whenever it was just taken off the air and replaced with another yawn-worthy episode of McLeod's Daughters.

I started watching Judging Amy with my sisters whenever I was visiting them in Brisbane. Truth be told, I would also watch it at home in Sydney -- just to be able to talk with them about what was going on, you understand. But I never ever did find out what happened to that foster kid that killed the stalker creep who was after Amy and Lauren, cuz the show disappeared from the TV schedule yet again. I wondered about the outcome of that murder for a few weeks, and then it left my consciousness, rarely never to return.

Until now.

TNT shows BACK-TO-BACK episodes of Judging Amy ever weekday morning. And, despite the fact that I never did find out what happened to the foster kid/murderer guy, I can keep tabs on Amy's love life (currently struggling to define her relationship with David McLaren, thank you very much); watch the determination of her mother Maxine (just released from hospital today after suffering a heart attack); see how much Lauren has grown up (she's got boobs now); watch the reconciliation of Peter and Gillian (he's moving back in); learn more about Vincent (will he ever write his second book?!); and wonder about Kyle's three-month departure (he's a father now and, being with his son on the other side of the country for three months will convince him not to come back to Hartford, I'm sure); urge Bruce on (as he waits for that perfect moment to tell Amy how he really feels); and marvel at Donna in her new role as a lawyer (will she ever find herself defending a minor in front of a judge other than Amy?).

I have no idea how old these episodes are, cuz they're all new to me. I have no idea whether new episodes of Judging Amy are still in production, cuz I'm completely out of touch with the current TV schedule. I don't care. I'm a big ol' suck. And I'm completely OK with that. Cuz an interest in Judging Amy is far better than a hard-core addiction to Diet Coke some other vices.

And I can watch from the comfort of my comfy bed in my comfy hotel room with windows that open. Sometimes I feel like a slave to that hotel room -- cuz, often, hanging out in there is easier than going out into the world -- and sometime, when Judging Amy is on, I'm all good wit' it.

All the cool kids watch American Idol and 24 and Grey's Anatomy and shows like that. I watch Judging Amy. Oh God, please don't judge me because I'm a suck.

Get it?!? Don't judge me? See, I'm talking about Judging Amy and I just said, "Don't judge me!" Fuckin' hilarious, hey?! Damn, I slay me.

Thank you! Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Thank you! I'll be performing all month week.

Please try the veal.

1 Comments:

  • who needs TV when they have your blog to read.
    BTY - try the beans.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home