life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

What better present?

Despite the fact that I really wanted this for my birthday, I was fairly satisfied to get this instead.

So far, it's been a pretty great birthday:

  • my nieces grudgingly agreed to wait until 7:30 to wake me up
  • they greeted me with a big tub of these
  • I got birthday greetings from a fellow blogger
  • I'm meeting my friend Barb for lunch shortly
  • sushi for dinner tonight!

Other than the fact that I won't be gettin' any today (I have, after all, grown accustomed to getting a birthday bang), 38 might not be so bad. In fact, I haven't even thought about this today (well, not until just now). And I got some great advice that I'll be following:

For your birthday,
live it hard
and sleep innocently

Have an awesome day. I know I will.

5 Comments:

  • Hope your birthday wish comes true! Wish you peace and joy!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 a.m.  

  • Well, Mr. Anonymous Christopher....thanks for the animated short-form birthday greetings. Wish it could have been a live-action feature starring you, but I'm just happy to be the focus of your attention for a short while.

    Much appreciated!

    Jeff.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 3:29 a.m.  

  • Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you lived it HARD, and the you slept innocently (in his arms) afterwards.

    By Blogger dantallion, at 9:41 a.m.  

  • Happy birthday! My present's kind of ... um ... pokey. You may have to come to Chicago to get it ...

    By Blogger Jake, at 3:50 p.m.  

  • Gentlemen -- many thanks for your good wishes and promises of birthday presents. I'm anxiously awaiting my mail order pony and am looking into flights to the Windy City to collect my pokey gift from Jake. Can't wait!

    As for living it HARD, 'twas not to be. Living these past 5 days in the presence of my beautiful nieces has left me exhausted and in bed by 9PM. As a result, there was no chance to find a special "he" in whose arms I could have melted after enjoying.....some time. But thanks for thinking of me (and I hope at least that you were thinking dirty thoughts!).

    Jeff.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 3:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home