life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

One or two episodes to go, damnit?!

Fucking Australian TV. I know from reading the official ABC TV Lost site that there's only one episode to go. The episode that just aired last night is #23, and there's only a single additional episode listed, which is #24: "Exodus - Part 2."

So why, then, did Channel 7 finish last night's broadcast with an advisory to stay tuned over the next two weeks as the most anticipated viewing event of the season unfolds....blah blah blah.

Is there one or two to go? I'm convinced that 7 will do everything in its power to drag it out as long as possible. Maybe it was a two-hour finale in North America, and they'll split it into two episodes here. Maybe it's only an hour, but they'll keep us waiting by showing a "special encore presentation of the first episode of Lost" to prime us for the finale. Maybe they'll keep us waiting with another wrap-up-of-the-action-so-far background filler like a few weeks ago, followed by the finale. Maybe there's only a one-hour episode, but they decided to pump it full of so many commercials that they space it out over two weeks. Who knows?

I am, however, frustrated. In fact, I'm nearly at the point where I'm going to read the synopsis of episode #24 on the website just in case -- by some odd fluke -- that I don't ever get to see it. Just like the last 15 minutes of the last-ever episode of Friends. I'm still pretty damn bitter about that one. Fucking Australian TV that doesn't fucking start and finish its shows when the fucking TV guide fucking lists them.

When the TV guide says 8:30 'til 9:00, shouldn't you trust it? I even gave it the fudge factor and programmed the VCR from 8:25 'til 9:10. And I still missed the last 15 minutes!!! Un-fucking-believable.

To this day, I still haven't seen Rachel get off that damn plane and....well, whatever the hell else happened while I was in Canada last November. I tell ya, if I don't get to see the end of Lost, you'll be reading the posts of one pissed off blogger.

Don't piss me off, you fucking Australian TV network programmers! I bite when I'm mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home