life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Abbey

Abbey is the name of the carpet in my tent suite at work. Nurse Girl, who used to work with me, commented that the carpet looked like a cat named Abbey that she used to have. Hence, the name of the carpet was decided. And it's stuck.

Last night, I went to The Abbey for a late-night snack and beer or two. I'd read a lot about it from a couple of blogs I read, and I wanted to see it in person for myself. So after an evening in LA, I stopped off at about 10:30pm, wondering if it would be wrapping up for the night.

I guess LA doesn't wrap up as early as some other cities I've been in lately. It was still full of people, there was a great live jazz combo playing, and there was room at the bar for one more. I pulled up a barstool and just hung out for a while.

Aside from the voice of the guy sitting beside me -- the particularly nasty nasal resonace was just a bit offputting -- the experience was nice. Attractive people, a kitchen that was still open when I ordered a crab cake sandwich at 11pm, great music, and general revelry. I even saw three people from Vancouver that I recognized. Small world, huh?

Back to work today for another six-day work week. I'm tired, but buoyed by the fact that Amy and David are pregnant and getting married, Vincent has found a new calling as a youth outreach worker, Maxine is healthy and has recaptured her passion to help, and Lauren has adjusted to the recent changes to her life. Why, just last week Amy and David were at a crossroads in their relationship, so t's comforting to know how quickly life on TV can move on.

Our second-last week in Long Beach. I suppose time marches on quickly in real life, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home