life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Ferklempt

I finished Tear Down at 3am. And there were some trying times -- like the point where I felt like things were totally out of control and nothing was getting accomplished, but I felt too unorganized to fix the problem.

I didn't get any pictures with Peggy, Gail, Danielle or Valerie. It just didn't happen -- it was too busy and I just seemed to be too unorganized -- but something very cool did. I've never gotten a thank you gift from my temporary staff in any of the previous six cities I've worked with the circus in. Well, make that seven cities -- my temp staff didn't get me anything in this city, either. And that's just fine, to be honest. I certainly don't expect anything, and my feeling is that I'm here to make them feel recognized (like playing Mr. Easter Bunny today), not the other way around.

So imagine my surprise when some of the "outside" temp staffers made it very clear that they enjoyed their assignments working in my tent, and made me a gift basket and awarded me the most unbelievable awared EVER!

Please congratulate the winner of the....

Mr. Personality Award

Everybody wants to be where you are!

Well, bust my buttons! And the fact that it was awarded by Danielle made it the most amazing thing of all. She wrote in the card, "You are so awesome. I've learned a lot in the short amount of time we've known each other, and I hope our paths cross again one day."

Feeling. Slightly Ferklempt.

2 Comments:

  • Do I hear the chorus of one Mr. Williams singing "Let Me Entertain You"? :) We've known that all along - we're happy to be able to share you with others and show them what they've been missing all their life!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 p.m.  

  • Muffin: now I've totally realized how old I am. Your reference to Mr. Williams made me think, initially, "Did Andy Williams sing a song called Let Me Entertain You?"

    And then I realized you're too young to even know who Andy Williams is/was. And while I don't put myself in Robbie's league, it was nice to know that I made a difference.

    Damn, I wish I was coming to Vancouver with our other show in June and July. I'd hire YOU to work with me!!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home