life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Peak of Hong Kong

A peak day (Hong Kong, Nov/05)

I loved being in Hong Kong. And when people ask me why, I'm at a bit of a loss for words. There were many reasons, I suppose: being in a cool boutique hotel with free internet and really cool amenities; spending time with Laid Back Guy and One World Gal and their kids; being at a great waterside site that reminded me of being home in Vancouver; being able to easily get to downtown Hong Kong on a free shuttle; being in a place that is an amazing mix of East and West; having a great team of temporary staff; hitting some of the open-air markets; being in a place that was soooo much better than Singapore; and the list could go on and on.

Gosh, maybe I wasn't at a loss for words after all. Ya, cuz that ever happens. Except when I'm in a bar and someone cute is there and I'm all lookin'-at-my-toes-and-not-makin'-eye-contact kind of shy. But normally I'm never at a loss for words.

Ya, so anyway, this pic was taken by Laid Back Guy on our trip to The Peak. We took the rickity old tram up the hill at an alarmingly steep angle. Requisite picture-taking later, we hiked down the other side and virtually to the door of my hotel. It was cool. And this is a pic that captured that moment.

I miss Hong Kong. But I'll be just fine : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home