life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Slow

Wouldn't you know that oil -- and corresponding gas prices -- hit an all-time high the same day that I started my 6000km road trip. What a way to begin!

The drive seems to be going slower than expected. I'll get to Austin on Saturday, but I'm just not sure at what point during the day. Hopefully early enough that I can enjoy the rest of the weekend with my cousin and my friend Caro.

Thus far, the trip has been good. Palm Springs was nice -- visiting Lucky and The Hire Guy and just relaxing a bit. The Grand Canyon was pretty spectacular, as expected. It's just hard to fathom the depth and width of that big ol' chasm. Tower Girl did a heli-tour of the Canyon when we were in Vegas 10 days ago, and maybe I should have done the same thing. Oh well, maybe next time...

I'm currently in Albuquerque, NM and will head towards the vast land of Texas this morning. Onwards to Austin, where Al Roker from the Today Show is interviewing Julia's ex, Lyle Lovatt. Not exactly interesting, but coincidental nonetheless.

The best road sign I've seen so far this trip:

Arizona State Prison
Don't pick up hitchhikers

The wireless internet at my motel is a bit slower than I would have expected from "hi-speed," but at least I could access the network, unlike last night in Williams, AZ, where it just decided that I wasn't worthy.

1 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness! Parallel lives! I saw the Al Roker/Lyle Lovett thing this morning too. As you aproach Atlanta we get more 'N Sync.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home