life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Another exciting day in Lotus Land

I did it!! I visited all the furniture stores along South Granville in a further attempt to gather information, compare furniture pieces, and evaluate options. And then I went back to my new favourite place and spent way too much money made my purchase decisions. I'm near broke, but stoked.

I bought an arm chair, a desk, a desk chair, a dresser, a very cool bar/kitchen table, and two stools. It's not everything I need, but it's everything I really need. At least for now. Well, plus a few plates, some cutlery, and other assorted things. But perhaps my mission today will be to pick up some of that stuff!!


Now, back to the weather. My street was closed yesterday because it had become a skating rink. We're on a slight incline, so cars would come down the gradual hill towards the round-about and then all hell would break loose. Police eventually had to block off my block because of the danger. It was quite odd, in fact.

But all appears to be better now. I think they managed to clear the ice off the street late in the afternoon, cuz it looked clear when I got home last night. Still, however, the snow has continued to fall -- all afternoon, through the evening, and overnight. It could be another interesting day, but I think the worst has passed, as the temperature is supposed to rise above freezing and the things should start the melt.

Just another exciting day in Lotus Land!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home