life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Every six to eight weeks

I've contact so many people the past couple of days, letting them know I'm home, that I'm here for good (well, at least for now), that I'm stoked to be here, and that I'd like to catch up with them.

And apologizing for my complete lack of correspondence over the past couple of years.

I feel I need to explain myself in more depth. As a circus nomad, you move to a new place every six to eight weeks or so. Inherent in such a move are all of the unknowns:

  • will I have internet connectivity?
  • if so, will it be reliable? there have been cities where I've basically gone the entire time without (and it nearly killed me!)
  • will I have a good bed?
  • will I be able to park my car?
  • will the accommodation (please choose one): (a) smell like a frat house; (b) be decked out with plush 70's fixtures, like a disused Playboy Mansion; (c) be located in the absolute worst part of the city; (d) be located in complete isolation; or (e) all of the above?
  • will we have a kitchen?
  • will we have laundry?
  • will I have a gym located next door to my bedroom that is used by residents from 5:47AM until after midnight (thank you St. Louis, because I can still hear the pounding of the gym stereo's bass!)?

A plethora of questions, no? Imagine going through this every six to eight weeks. And if the answers are not what you're hoping for, imagine living with the less-than-stellar consequences for that entire time. Throw in the fact that I still never adjusted to working evenings for the entire duration, and you can imagine that I was a little cranky out of my element.

I truly hope that you can understand that I wasn't making an all-out effort to keep in touch with everyone. It wasn't always practical; it wasn't always on the top of my to-do list. And I hope y'all can forgive and forget.

Luckily I'm off the road now. I'm back home and lovin' it. If I didn't know it before (although I really did), Vancouver is a great place to be.

Home sweet home. And ready to start re-establishing friendships!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home