life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Like a log

The move to my new apartment went very quickly yesterday. From go to woe, it took only 75 minutes. That's what happens when the sum total of your worldly goods has been reduced to a meaningful few keepsakes and plenty of clothes that probably don't even fit anymore is negligible.

I love my new place. It's actually a bit smaller than I remember, but cozy and cute and bright. The view is even better than I remembered and, as I started to unpack yesterday, I kept gazing at the completely snow-covered North Shore mountains. Never before have I seen them so perfectly white and fresh and untouched. Thank all the freakin' snow for that, but whatever the reason, it was the most appropriate picture-perfect postcard greeting for the first afternoon chez moi.

After spending a pretty penny on furniture in the last few days, I went out and picked up a new TV yesterday, raising my haul of new stuff to the "crazy expenditure" level. But really, like I can live without a TV? What kind of simpleton do you take me for?! The View beckons!

Good grief, I'm such a girl.

Today I get cable and internet hooked up, plus my brand new gorgeous bed will be delivered. And that has to be the most exciting news of all. After 19 months of sleeping in different beds in different cities, after a month of sleeping on Suzie's couch, after too long without a mattress to call my own, I will finally have a resting place for my old, aching bones. And I hope to sleep like a log tonight!

Sweet dreams, everyone!

1 Comments:

  • "The View" always beckons to me, especially now that Rosie is on it. Please share some pictures when everything comes together. Wishing you contentment in your new home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home