life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Past and future

So I'm absolutely loving the new bed. Suffice to say that I've enjoyed a couple of nights of uninterrupted slep for the first time in a loooooong while. And I played with the placement of my bed within the bedroom so that I can actually watch my TV, perfectly positioned in the living room to allow me to enjoy The View from the comfort of my super plush pillows. Needless to say, I see a lot of lazy bed time in my immediate future.

I've been unpacking all my trunks and boxes as I continue to settle into the new digs. And it's absolutely awesome, as I continually discover keepsakes and junk from my past. From treasures like framed pictures that used to hang on my walls, to crap like my 1983 driver's license test -- why the hell did I keep that?! -- it's been an invigorating, and somewhat exhausting, stroll down memory lane. But how stoked am I to find all this stuff and relive the memories from nearly 40 years of living?!

Yup, I feel like I'm in a pretty cool place right now. I'm looking at my past at the same time my future beckons. It's coincidental that I'm starting over, starting from scratch, at 40. Or is it? I think that maybe it was meant to be this way.

After all, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Ev. Ree. Thing.

2 Comments:

  • Your excitement at starting over and getting settled is infectuous! I feel invigorated and fresh-startish even though I'm not actually doing those things.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:21 a.m.  

  • Luscious: I'm happy to hear that you're feeling some of the same invigoration that I am. It's a very cool time!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 11:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home